Yep. Mr. Stephen Harper just declared this evening as "historic", after he joined the NDP and Blocheadquebecois to knock over the Liberals.
Historic? Please. We've seen minority governments toppled before. There was nothing unusual about this! All the parties got together and kicked out the Paul Martin Liberals out for something the Jean Cretin Liberals did. Don't worry, I spelled Jean's name the way I did on purpose. What a frigging circus. I'm going to make some predictions right here, right now. If I'm wrong, don't bother to point it out, because I'm sure I will have figured it all out by my wittle self.
1) Everyone will attack the Liberals over the whole corruption thing, and for the most part, the Canadian public won't care. The Liberals will attack the Conservatives and Stephen Harper, and the Canadian public won't care. They have nothing against Harper, they just don't like what he's selling. Oh. And Harper will say something stupid. When the dust settles, we'll still have a Liberal minority, albeit with less seats.
2) Stephen Harper will be gone by August.
3) Jack Layton will continue to push his socialist agenda with increased fervour.
4) With the exception of the Bloc, the other two parties will be loathe to force another election for fear of further pissing off the Canadian's and thereby handing the Liberals a majority government.
5) Conrad Black will be denied his request to recover his Canadian citizenship. This has nothing to do with the election, but that embezzling blowhard just grinds my gears.
More to follow in the coming weeks. Harper also asked Canadians to ask themselves if they are better off from the last government. What a gift to Martin. Most Canadians will answer yes. Lower unemployment and lower debt load are just two of the war chests of arguments that Martin has on his side. Seriously! Anyone hear reading this less better off from the last two years? I welcome your comments to prove so...
I love it... Allan Gregg with the strategic counsel just called this a "perverse exercise", in light of the fact that the Liberals will likely get another minority. God bless you CTV Newsnet, you always get right to the point.
Later, I'll post a massive missive from the last election in which I totally owned a Harper booster via email... Good times.
- ▼ 2005 (8)