Thursday, January 19, 2006

Guns Don't Kill People...

Oh wait. Yes they do. They certainly did in "Lord of War". Krista and I watched that tonight. After I finished playing Halo II with my brother. Let's just say that I entered the movie with a healthy desensitization to violence. Not that the movie was excessively violent. Whatever that means. It was more of a character study of a gun runner played by Nicholas Cage. I am not overwhelmed by most of his performances, but he did succeed in making you neither hate nor love his character. Which is difficult considering that he was playing a man who supplied weapons to the worst murderers and dictators in the world.

Aside from that, it was an average day. I walked home from work, which offered a great opportunity to decompress from the day. The only thing I didn't like was the huge frigging hill at the end. I hate hills. And stairs. I frigging hate stairs.

I'm still avoiding commenting too much on the election. I'm still traumatized by the piss-poor job that Martin's campaign managers did. It makes me sick to even think about it. Soon we will get to drown our concerns in useless tax cuts, fulfilled excessive spending promises, increasingly privatized healthcare, assaults on minority rights, and all of the other bags of goodies that Harper and friends will give us after January 24. Maybe I should write more soon, and make some predictions so that I can say "I told you so" four years from now when the crud hits the fan.

No comments: